Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Who Ever Said Change Was A Good Thing?

Who ever said change was a good thing, was wrong! Well at least that is how I feel right now. So I know it has been a while since I have blogged, but here it is 11:45pm and I am awake because of...what other than...my diabetes. I had an appointment with my endocrinologist yesterday and we made some major changes to my insulin plan. Throughout the day today, my blood sugar readings were good and I was excited to see that things were going well. Then 8pm rolled around. I had eaten dinner with my boyfriend and his dad and a half hour later my sugar was 51! When I checked my pump it said that despite my bad low, I had 11 units of insulin in my system still working on bringing my blood sugar down even farther! Of course I panicked...but I called my doctor and got things straightened out. Andrew helped me through it and I started feeling a little better by the time he dropped me off at home.

NOW! Three hours later, my blood sugar is 400. I JUST CANT MAKE DIABETES HAPPY. I am unbelievably frustrated and I can tell this is going to be a reallyyyy long night :( But instead of crying and being sad, I am going to tell you my exciting diabetes news. My A1C was 10.9% last appointment. (Yes I know really bad). Yesterday at the doctor I found out it is now 8.8%! That is a whole 2.1% decrease!!! HOORAY! :)

Now I am going to curl up with a warm blanket, a shirt that smells like Andrew, and a nice movie and attempt to get some rest...or at least calm down a little and let the insulin do its job. Goodnight all.

Ash

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry your blood glucose readings have been so erratic! Since I'm still a pretty new diagnosis, my numbers are pretty good... Typically. I think my A1C was 6.5% at the last checkup I had and 7.5% at the first one I had after being diagnosed with diabetes.

    I hope your insulin regime works well for you!

    ReplyDelete