Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Kind of High

Yes, it is 6:45am and yes, I am awake. To explain exactly why I am awake, blood sugar. You should know by now (if you follow my blogs) that I had surgery so I am on pain medication. Well, I woke up at 6:30 to take my medicine and I checked my sugar because I felt a little funny. Sure enough, 506. Yes, my blood sugar is a whopping five-hundred-and-six. And now that I think about it, I have all of the symptoms. Mid-night highs are hard to sense because all of the symptoms have other explanations. Blurry vision, could be because I just woke up. Stomach pain, I often have stomach aches right as I wake up. Nausea, maybe I ate something too close to going to bed. Sweating, it is really hot in here isn't it?

So there we go. That is my kind of high. Such a rush, NOT. I changed my pump site, just in case that was the problem, and took 5.4 units of insulin and my pump instructed me to do. Hopefully, it will come back down soon, because I hate this feeling, the feeling of my kind of high. I am afraid to sleep when it is this high, but I am so tired. So I guess I just have to keep myself busy and awake until it comes down to a comfortable level that I can get some rest. I will update this post later with results of the morning, so be sure to check back to hear the rest of the story.

UPDATES:
7:15am (after half an hour) my sugar is 423 (down 86 points from original)
8:30am (almost 2 hours after) my sugar is 230 (down 276 points from original)
11:00am (about 4 hours after) my sugar is 108 (down 398 points from original)

Well, my sugar is back to normal. It took about 4 hours, some sleep, a few bathroom runs, and a lot of water, but it is back to normal. Oh the life of a diabetic.

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment