Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Honeymoon: Love, Sex, and Making Insulin?

nasty little organ that is the stem of this bipolar disease
Okay for those of you who do not know, there is a stage is most every diabetic's life called the honeymoon period. This is a time when the person's pancreas randomly decides, hey I want to make a little insulin again just for old time's sake. NOT FAIR. That's what I have to say about it. The honeymoon period is the most unfair and meanest thing in the entire world. I mean it is like...hey you have diabetes and will be on insulin for the rest of your life...then randomly...oh hey you get to be normal for a few days maybe weeks or even months again and then I am going to RIP that away from you just as I did before. It not only gives us diabetics a false sense of hope, but it can lead to depression. It really messes with your head.

what honeymoon should be
And who decided to call it the honeymoon stage anyways. I mean I thought the honeymoon in a couple's life (directly after marriage) was supposed to be about being in love and happy and sharing that bond with one another. Where in that do you get "making insulin again" or being non-diabetic for a short period of time? It is totally unneeded. I mean if the feelings I had during and after my honeymoon period are what I should expect from my actual honeymoon then count me out. I mean it is like saying okay your honeymoon will be awesome but afterward your life is going to suck again. Point is...whoever named it=estupido.

Goodnight
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment