Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Double Trouble

Do any of you diabetics out there have any certain foods that affect your blood sugar differently than normal? Well, I do. My two foods are pretzels and bagels. Pretzels raise my blood sugar a little more than normal food does and I usually have to take about an extra unit of insulin when eating them. Bagels on the other hand raise it WAY more than other foods. I feel like I have to take almost double the insulin I normally would based on the carb count of the bagel. I have not done any research as to why this is and I do not know if there is a reason for it or a name for it...just something I have observed. However, I may do another blog post on this some time if I can find some research or information on it.

This is the most frustrating thing in the world. I mean, can't we just make diabetes a little easier by not throwing in all of these loopholes, roller coaster blood sugars, and random changes for no apparent reason at all? Grrrr...sometimes I just need to vent.

Sorry this was such a short post, but I have an exam to study for (last one!).
Goodnight
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment