Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

SICK of diabetes

This post will be a short one because I am completely exhausted and feel pretty rough. The topic is illness and diabetes. I figured since my life has been pretty hectic lately, this would be a good topic. Currently, I am very sick, sleep deprived from studying for college exams as well as being up all night coughing, and diabetic. Being a college student, diabetic, normal person, and sick patient all at the same time is not easy...not easy at all. Sickness messes with a diabetic big time. I have blood sugars that are all over the place...from 66 to 423...and not being able to eat tricks the diabetes too. Of course, being diabetic I have to force carbs into my system, but that is very hard to do when sick. Those are the two main problems with illness and diabetes.

Being a college student on top of that is also stressful (stress:another blood sugar changing factor). I have had exams all week and have spent many long sleepless (well near sleepless) nights studying along with being sick. This has thrown my body off completely and I can see the results in my blood sugar readings.

Last, but not least, being a normal person has left me sleep deprived and being normal has not been diabetic friendly lately either. In the past month my family (and my second family: AKA Andrew's family) have had a total of five family emergencies including two deaths. All of this stress and sadness also plays a role on diabetes. However, it was really good to see Andrew tonight. That calmed me down a lot.

Bottom line is, I need some rest. I need a day to just chill. But instead I get to work tomorrow and go to the doctor. However, I will be getting off early due to illness so maybe I will get some relax time then. I don't care if I am sleeping, reading, chilling with Andrew just laying around, or what...I just want some down time. Okay. I am done ranting now. I am off to attempt sleep, but my cough rarely lets me.

Goodnight
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment