Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Surgical Surprise

So, as said in my last post, I injured my knee. After visiting the orthopedic surgeon this past Friday, I found out that I will need surgery on my knee! :( The surgery will be July 18, early in the morning. They are going to sever the ligaments on the outside of my knee and tighten the ones in the inside to prevent my kneecap from dislocating again. They are also realigning my shinbone by moving my patellar tendon into the right spot and holding my bone in place with screws. I am super scared, but not even really for the surgery part. The part that freaks me out the most is that it will be the first time in the 3 years I have had diabetes that I will not be in control of my diabetes and blood sugar. I have to rely on the doctors to take good care of my sugar while under the anesthesia. The thought of that freaks me out like no other.

But as always Andrew has made me feel more confident. He has promised to be there before I go into surgery, waiting in the waiting room while it is going on, be there next to me as soon as I wake up, and be there all day after I go home with me. God love good boyfriends! :)  Anyways, if anyone out there has any advice or success stories about surgery and diabetes I would love for you to share!

Ash

1 comment: