Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fear of the Unknown

This is going to be a short post because I am not exactly feeling up to par. Hence the reason I am writing this blog. I am having an issue right now that I have only experienced once before, and that was during the honeymoon stage of my diabetes. I have had three low blood sugars today. I went out to dinner with my boyfriend's family (which was really good!) and I took the appropriate insulin for my food. I even calculated a bit under because I was unsure and didn't want to go low again. Then Andrew and I went and got ice cream before returning to his house. I checked my sugar at his house...112. Not bad! When I got home I started feeling funny so I checked again...98. Still okay, then I realized I FORGOT TO TAKE INSULIN FOR MY ICE CREAM! How the heck is my sugar so low. It should be nearly 400. The only other time I have experienced a reaction like this is on my honeymoon period. Can you have two honeymoon periods? I have never heard of that before. Anyways, I am freaked out. I have no idea what is going on with my body. I am actually scared to sleep because I don't want to go low in the middle of the night. What do I do? I know I am usually the one packing my blogs with information for you guys, but if any of you know anything about what could possibly be happening or if you have experienced this before...please let me know in some way!

Ash

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm a bit late, but do you have a person living with you who can wake you in the middle of hte night to test? When I feel uneasy, I have my mom do this for me (I'm 17). I'm just leaving my honeymoon phase...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had my honeymoon phase once before. Yes, I am currently living with my parents for the summer. I am 18. I just set a bunch of alarms to wake up and test and my sugar is 157 now, so it stayed stable through the night mostly. I did wake up with a 97 that was making me feel funny so I drank some juice anticipating a drop later in the night.

    ReplyDelete