Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's like I'm a DIABETIC in a Candy Store :)

our store
As some of you may know, I work in a candy store. It is a pink, castle looking store. :) It is an awesome job and I love it. I cannot tell you how many times a day I hear, "It's like I'm a kid in a candy store". And every time people think they are the first one to say it! I just nod my head and say "yeah!". It's cute. I love seeing all the different people who come in. People come from everywhere to get candy. Sometimes they are just visiting Toledo and see the shop, or sometimes they drive all the way here to get candy from us! We have had people from just around the block to all the way from France! It is awesome to see the older people come in and find the candy they had when they were kids. They get so excited. And it is also cool to see the younger kids come in with their parents or grandparents and make memories of going to the candy shop!

one aisle in our store
Another thing I hear a lot, (to tie this blog into diabetes) is "How do you stay so thin and work in a candy store?" I simply reply, "I am type 1 diabetic". Because if not for my diabetes, I would probably weigh 500lbs and be on bed rest. Being surrounded with candy is so hard to control yourself, but diabetes helps. When people question further, I reply by saying being type 1 diabetic has taught me portion control. Also, knowing that I cannot have a lot of sugar helps me not eat candy while in the store. Last, but not least, is the fact that I have been working there for a year, so candy is sort of just another thing to me now. I don't care. I've been around it for so long that I am not candy crazed anymore.

People tell me that the store smells like candy, and that I smell like candy, but I guess I just don't smell it anymore. Hmmppfff...natural perfume?...to overtake the smell of hospital from the insulin? (more on that in another blog). I'm off to go out to eat for a family gathering. Eating out can be complicated, too. Maybe I'll tell you about that another time. Have a good day, night, morning...whatever it is for you! Peace out.

-Ash

3 comments:

  1. wow great blog i will bookmark this and my child has type 1 but she is 9 years old its hard for me and her sometimes, and sometimes it drives me nuts to count the carbs but we are adjusting since she was diagnosed a year ago. wow you have alot of good contact ash but you need to get some traffic here and I can help you gain lots of traffic so more people can interact with your blog and get some other people blog interacting.......... great stuff here

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much! spread the word

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so awsome :) and I love you so VERY VERY much!

    ReplyDelete