Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm Late, I'm Late...For a Very Important Date

endocrinologist meeting
Being in college is stressful and time consuming. I'm sure there are some of you reading this that are either in college or have completed some college. Being diabetic is scary at times, a lot of work, and also time consuming. It is recommended that us diabetics see our endocrinologist (diabetes doctor) every three months. Between classes, work, and the short hours at my endocrinologist, it has been nearly impossible to get an appointment. It has been almost six months since I have been to see him. Now, it is not that I don't want to go, just that it is so hard to find time.

For those of you who know me well, you would know that as of right now I do not drive (will soon!), so it makes it even harder to see my endocrinologist. I have to find a time when my parents can pick me up from college and bring me in town, all before they close...which is too early, in my opinion. With that said, it brings me to the concerns.

Making adjustments every six months is not a good plan for someone with diabetes. Our bodies change so often that we need those three month appointments to correct the problems in our diabetes care plan. I can admit that I have let myself go a bit when it comes to my diabetes care since I have started college. It just is one more thing added to the stress of being a college student. It hurts me to see the look in my boyfriend's eyes when I tell him I wasn't taking care of myself as I should...and that is why I am going to do the best of my ability to change that!

School is ending for this year in about a month, and I am getting in to see my endocrinologist right away. I am going to make the changes needed and I hope to keep it up. I just need the love and support of my family and friends. Let's get my A1C down and get me healthier!

Goodnight
-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment