Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Handicapable!

A lot of people feel that diabetes is a handicap or disability. It is a disability in a way, but I do not consider it a handicap. When I think of handicap status, I think of the little blue tag to hang in your car window, close parking spots, and a lot more struggle in daily life than I have. I do NOT need a handicap sticker for parking (despite what my boyfriend may think lol). But we are set back in ways such as missing school because of sugar jumps or symptoms of a diabetic attack. In terms of psychologically having to deal with taking care of yourself.

Nevertheless, it does not bring us down! We live our lives to the fullest we can. I know I have let diabetes bring me down in the past, but I am working on the future now. I have a bright future planned for myself and nothing is going to stand in my way.

 I know this was a short blog, but I need to eat dinner and do my homework. Send me some ideas for blog topics!

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment