Welcome to my blog: Juvenated!

Please "follow" me, leave comments and suggestions, and take the polls at the bottom of the homepage! They change often.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cinderella Complex

     As I sit alone on this Sunday evening, I think about an issue that makes no sense to me. As a female in this society, I was raised in the completely wrong way and my surroundings constantly push me to be something I am not or something that I cannot be proud of. There are three main points to what I am trying to say.
     First of all, ever since we (and I say we as is MOST females) have been raised to think that it is okay for men to treat us like shit. In fact, we are taught that it is a sign of affection. This is totally backwards! When you were a little girl and a boy pushed you down on the playground or called you names, what did your mother tell you when you complained? For most people, the response was "He is only picking on your because he likes you". In what messed up state of mind is hurting someone physically and emotionally a way to show your affection and appreciation for that person? I believe that this mentality that has been instilled within us is the main reason for the complaints of females today. Men complain "girls always date the jerks". Well, that is because we have been taught that when men are douche bags (for a lack of a better word) to us, it means they like us. Therefore, we let them disrespect us thinking that one day they will grow up and show us their true feelings. Ladies. Wake up and realize that being cheated on, beaten, and broken down is NOT the way a man shows he loves you. Go out and find yourself a real man who treats you like a princess.
     My second point...we are also taught that their is a perfect man. Honestly, their is no such thing. No one is perfect. However, someone can be perfect in your eyes. Accepting someones flaws is what makes a relationship perfect. On top of that, we are taught that men will take care of us and always rescue us. One day our prince will come. Blah, blah, blah. Let's take Cinderella for example. Her perfect man meets her and does everything in his power to make her his own. Her prince rescues her from her horrible home life and whisks her away into the unknown. The problem is, we should not be teaching our daughters to rely on a man to take care of them. Teach independence. Take care of yourself and stop searching for the perfect man because he is not out there. Yes, it is true you will find the man of your dreams, but I can promise that in no way will he be perfect. The other thing that bugs me is about the Cinderella complex that we all suffer is we think that we must change for a man to want us. Cinderella was so afraid to let Prince Charming see her for what she truly was that she left her shoe at a party. I mean come on. My view is, if he doesn't love me at my worst, then he doesn't deserve me at my best. You should not have to put on a pound of makeup and push your boobs up to your chin to make someone love you. You want someone who loves you for you, not your body.
     The third and last point that is getting on my nerves is that as a society we are expected to always look our best. You know, sometimes I just want to wear sweatpants in public, throw my hair in a bun, and wipe ALL of the makeup off. The media tells us that you cannot be beautiful unless you have the best clothes, flawless makeup and skin, and the skinniest figure. The last time I checked, curves are sexier than bones. Girls torture themselves trying to meet this image that is supposedly pretty, but honestly it is sickening. I love my friends because they do not care if I have a few extra pounds or haven't updated my wardrobe since high school. I am the same person inside whether I weigh 140 pounds or 240 pounds. And what about all of these girls with their boobs hanging out of their shirts and butts showing out the bottom of their skirts walking to the club in stilettos. Looking for attention much? That is not the kind of attention you want. There is a certain point when there is TOO MUCH cleavage. Just remember you do not have to let it all hang out to win a guy over.
     Well, I think I am done rambling for now. Just had to get that out there. Comments are encouraged please :) Subscribe to my blog and follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment